The ISS Scouting Mentorship Program is designed to train and mentor individuals toward the goal of a career in hockey scouting. As the world’s leading independent hockey scouting organization, ISS Hockey is the ideal partner to help you bridge the gap from your current involvement in hockey to establishing a career in the industry. For those who qualify, the program includes working with the staff of ISS Hockey for the duration of one season.
Learn from ISS pros to become an ISS pro yourself!
ISS Hockey Scouting Mentorship Program Includes:
- RINKNET – Learn how to use RinkNet, the software system used by nearly every team in elite hockey’s scouting process. ISS Hockey scouts in training will get a full user license when accepted into the program (a $3300 value)
- ISS HOCKEY 2017 NHL DRAFT GUIDE – Receive a complimentary copy at time of release of ISS Hockey’s 2017 NHL Draft Guide.
- HockeyTV – Learn how to use HockeyTV, the world’s premier digital media partner for ice hockey national governing bodies, leagues, teams and events. ISS Hockey scouts in training will get a full user subscription when accepted into the program (a $250 value)
- REPORTS – Attend games, scout players and create game reports. Your game reports are made available to nearly every elite league and team around the world through this mentorship program!
- MEET AND GREET – Opportunity to meet with top-end league and team staff. Attend and help at ISS events and get behind-the-scenes!
- CONFERENCE CALLS – Participate in regularly scheduled scout conference calls that feature special guest speakers from different leagues and teams.
- OPPORTUNITIES – They truly are endless, as you might be hired by ISS Hockey as a full-time scout or could even be hired by another team or league after your time in the mentorship program!
- GAME ACCESS – If you choose “Package A”, you will get scouting access to the Canadian Hockey League, with a personalized ISS Hockey – CHL Pass!
- STAND OUT – You will receive an ISS Jacket and ID Badge to help you stand out as being with an elite scouting organization when attending and scouting games.
“The ISS Mentorship Program was the best decision I’ve made in pursuing my dream of working in the hockey industry. The program allowed me to be a part of the amazing ISS staff and has opened doors for me to continue scouting for the foreseeable future. Anyone looking at starting their hockey career should look no further than the ISS Mentorship Program!” – Jameson Ewasiuk, 2016 ISS Mentorship Program (Alberta), hired on as a 2016-17 ISS Amateur Scout
1 YEAR ISS SCOUTING MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
2016-17 ISS MENTORSHIP PROGRAM INTAKE IS NOW FULL
“The ISS Mentorship Program was able to teach and reinforce basic skills, such as what to watch for. It also taught advanced skills like, how to best complete reports for industry insiders. The ability to learn RinkNet, an industry wide program, and get feedback from ISS staff, as well as others within the industry, during calls or at games, shows how strong the program is. The ISS Mentorship program is an excellent learning platform and I wish I had done it sooner.” – Ben Gallant, named “ISS Mentorship Scout of the Year” in the 2016 ISS Mentorship Program (Ottawa)