Code of Ethics
ISS adheres to a strict Code of Ethics, as should any hockey organization. A Code of Ethics ensures respect of his/her colleagues, enhances the scouting process and promotes an ethical culture in the profession of scouting.
- Shall perform their scouting work with honesty, diligence, and responsibility.
- Shall respect and contribute to the legitimate and ethical objectives of the hockey entity.
- Shall not participate in any activity or relationship that may impair or be presumed to impair their unbiased scouting assessment such as receiving gifts. This participation includes those activities or relationships that may be in conflict with the interests of the organization.
- Shall not accept anything that may impair or be presumed to impair their professional judgment.
- Shall be prudent in the use and protection of scouting information acquired in the course of their duties.
- Shall not use information for any personal gain (hockey promotion, for example) or in any manner that would be contrary to the law or detrimental to the legitimate and ethical objectives of the hockey entity.
- Shall engage only in those services for which they have the necessary knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Shall continually improve their proficiency and the effectiveness and quality of their scouting services.